Here is the word of the day!
1. having the taste or flavor characteristic of sugar, honey, etc.
2. producing the one of the four basic taste sensations that is not bitter, sour, or salt.
3. not rancid or stale; fresh: This milk is still sweet.
4. not salt or salted: sweet butter.
5. pleasing to the ear; making a delicate, pleasant, or agreeable sound; musical.
6. pleasing or fresh to the smell; fragrant; perfumed.
7. pleasing or agreeable; delightful.
8. amiable; kind or gracious, as a person, action, etc.
9. dear; beloved; precious.
10. easily managed; done or effected without effort.
11. (of wine) not dry; containing unfermented, natural sugar. 1
2. (of a cocktail) made with a greater proportion of vermouth than usual.
13. sentimental, cloying, or unrealistic: a sweet painting of little kittens.
14. (of air) fresh; free from odor, staleness, excess humidity, noxious gases, etc. 1
5. free from acidity or sourness, as soil.
16. Chemistry. a. devoid of corrosive or acidic substances. b. (of fuel oil or gas) containing no sulfur compounds.
17. (of jazz or big band music) performed with a regular beat, moderate tempo, lack of improvisation, and an emphasis on warm tone and clearly outlined melody. –adverb
18. in a sweet manner; sweetly. –noun
19. a sweet flavor, smell, or sound; sweetness.
20. something that is sweet or causes or gives a sweet flavor, smell, or sound.
21. sweets, Informal. a. candied sweet potatoes. b. (in direct address) sweetheart.
22. sweets, pie, cake, candy, and other foods high in sugar content.
23. Chiefly British. a. a piece of candy; sweetmeat or bonbon. b. a sweet dish or dessert, as a pudding or tart.
24. something pleasant to the mind or feelings.
25. a beloved person.
26. (in direct address) darling; sweetheart.—Idiom
27. sweet on, Informal. infatuated with; in love with: He's sweet on her. Origin:
bef. 900; (adj. and adv.) ME swet(e), OE swēte (adj.); (n.) ME swet(e), deriv. of the adj.; c. OS swōti, OHG swuozi (G süss); akin to D zoet, ON sætr, Goth suts, Gk hēdýs sweet, L suādēre to recommend, suāvis pleasant
sweetly, adverb sweetness, noun
2. melodious, mellifluous.
3. redolent, aromatic, scented.
4. winning, lovable, charming.